Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Perspective

I'm getting a little tired of life trying to bring me down. Over the course of the last month, without fail, at least one REALLY annoying albeit small thing (in the grand scheme of things) has happened. It's like life has decided to see how long it's going to take me to turn into a drooling crazy person.

Well, YOU'RE TOO LATE, LIFE. I'M ALREADY THERE.

But seriously. Just since Friday, I've had my wallet stolen by some cute old lady that had basically every form of ID I currently have. My phone's screen was cracked. My dog spazed and scratched the shit out of me, leaving big bruises that make me look like I should be going to a women's shelter, I got a ticket in D.C. for having an expired Virginia's inspection, my roof has a little leak in it, my basement has a little leak in it and Baltimore City just charged us $20 to dump off bad, gross, unrecyclable carpet even though we pay almost 30% our property value in property taxes and the dump should be free for residents.

So, I'm here to say, I'm going to stay in a perpetually happy mood and be one of those creepy people you always kind of want to kick in the shins and run away from, because they're so weird.

Fortunately, I also have my coworkers here to remind me it could be worse. Just yesterday one mentioned a guy he knew who had to break up with his girlfriend because she got just a little too friendly with Mr. Ed.

Perspective. I just got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment