Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Art

Art, I love it. Sometimes it loves me. My house is filled with art. Photography, canvas, actual paintings (that I did even!), prints...you name it, I probably have it -- except Watercolor. I could never get into it. My grandma does some awesome watercolors so maybe I'll beg her for some, but I digress.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're buying a house and assuming all goes well, we move in April 29th. (I guess maybe the 30th, but I'm pretty gung-ho about this whole thing.) But that doesn't stop me from arting up our apartment, much to my husband's amusement/chagrin.

Here's my latest wall of art:



Favorite part is the Corgi Deer Hunter. I love Corgis. They're my absolute favorite dogs (sorry Klaus and Nyx). They nip at children's heels and herd them. What's not to love about that? Plus they're adorable. Steven once promised me that we could get a Corgi when we bought a house....Guess who never forgets that kind of thing? I'll give you one hint: ME!

Here's a close-up of the Corgi Deer Hunter. Isn't that a hoot?




Klaus is sad that I love Corgis. Nyx is sad too, but she runs away when the camera comes out.



So anyways, back to art. The silver letters are from Anthropologie, as are the sweet ass animal prints in faux-old frames. The gold one way up in the corner has a cute owl print and it and the Corgi print are from Urban Outfitters and shockingly inexpensive. Like, $20 for a 14x18 fairly high quality print, and shipping for the two was $5. I r impressed Urban Outfitters, as a cat would say.

One day, I'm hoping to have real art though. Like the kind in my grandma's house. She has an epic 10ft tall painting by an artist in the Smithsonian. SMITHSONIAN. Given that, I'm pretty sure we know who to blame for my love of art.

Edit: The letters look crooked. And they are. Everything in this apartment is crooked. The house was built in the 1800s and is sinking into the backyard. One day, before we move, I'll take a picture of the sinking corner in the second bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment