Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Fever

I'm a dirty liar. If you follow the blog I'm sure you've figured that out since I keep promising pictures and updates and I keep not delivering. In light of this, I'm going to try to make amends.

First thing's first. Chickens.

I know, I know. I promised the hallway make-over, but really, who's keeping track?

So anyways, chickens.

Long story short, I begged and pleaded with Steven to go pick up three chickens from a really nice lady way out in the middle of nowhere MD and on the day we closed we also picked up the chickens.

Their names: Banjo, Bacon and Grits. (We were going to go with Purdue, Tysons and Food Lion, but we felt Food Lion was too long a name and scrapped the whole thing.)

Banjo is a Nanick bantam (I think. Actually, I don't know. I don't even know if I spelled that right. But she looks like what I think is a Nanick so we'll go with that.)

Bacon is a New Hampshire.

Grits is a Leghorn.

I'm not going to continue with the technical details. I know you guys just came here for the pictures. Voyeurs.

Without further ado...







In sad news, my husband has taken it upon himself to build up Klout in Fried Chicken and post chicken recipes on his blog. We haven't told the girls yet...they'd probably feel betrayed.

Don't know what Klout is? Me neither, but Steven will explain here.

Please note he refers to the chickens as HIS chickens, despite his supposed dislike of them. He also now likes to make a chicken noise and "peck" (kiss) me.

Yup, for real.

Next-up, a post about the hallway. No really.

Ok, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment